Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Card made for Anna March 2010



This lavish card is full of dried natural elements reflecting Anna's love of gardening and her 'pagan' beliefs. Some of the embellishments were taken from my own garden. The cardstock was plain white card, I painted the edges with watercolours. The papers were what I happened to have, including G45 paper 'Botanica' which I used on the back.
The right hand flower was composed by me, apart from the cream coloured rose. The bow was made from sack-cloth. Part of the flower has 'string' type petals which I pulled off the sack and glued together in the middle. Just about everything is distressed and edged with distressing inks.
Matching envelope also made.
Surprisingly this card folds up quite well, considering how much 'stuff' I put on it.
And if you are wondering about the verse line implying a 'choice' of date, that is because Anna does not know her date of birth and just chose March the 29th.
I really enjoyed making this card. In hindsight, I would of made it just as 3 folds instead of the 2 additional cuts.
Anna is an author of many books: www.myspace.com/annafranklin2
 














1 comment:

Please feel free to make any comments regarding my work, it would be very much appreciated. And many thanks for your visit.
Happy crafting!