Friday, June 18, 2010

Quick blue thank you card

I've spent the last week making a rainbow themed easel card, which I finished today, took a load of photos without use of the tripod and they are all blurry, tut! So I'll try again tomorrow. Meanwhile the ones I took of this blue thank you card turned out fine.

I made this card from some odd bits of paper and raided my 'flower' box. After every card I make, if I have bits of paper left over I punch out flowers for 'later use' as in this card. I added the pearly border because this 'thank you' is in relation to the recipients forthcoming marriage.
I have watched and read loads of tutorials on making various flowers, but I keep using the same old punch...how boring. There again, I just wanted something simple and quick for this particular card as I wanted to get it posted out pretty sharpish.
I hope you like it.




2 comments:

  1. Oooh Jan, that's soooo cool!! I love the flower! What punch do you use?

    What a good idea to make flowers straight away from offcuts, and then store them. Must start doing that. I've got a box full of tiny scraps and I always forget to go there first when I want a bit for something and tend to cut off from a bigger bit, which is rather wasteful, I admit! Having a box of flowers would be great.

    I love the colour scheme of this card. The terracotta accents really set off the blue, and the border is beautiful. Lovely.

    Shoshi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jan - thanks for replying re the punch. I've got a couple of Woodware ones - one round, the other scalloped - and have found they don't like cutting paper much - card seems to work better.

    I was thinking about getting the Spellbinders nestability 4-flower set but it's quite expensive - would give endless variations, though.

    At the moment, just trying to rest and gain enough energy to start crafting again - the enthusiasm is there but it can be frustrating when all I can do is lie on the settee!

    Shoshi

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to make any comments regarding my work, it would be very much appreciated. And many thanks for your visit.
Happy crafting!