Tuesday, August 10, 2010

FFF.....Fabric Flowers Fest

I am sure you've all seen how to curl up organza circles to make flowers. I decided to have an experiment with all types of oddments of fabrics I have. How satisfying to be able to almost burn something and end up with pretty flowers. Some did not work, wrong type of fabric, they just caught fire, they refused to melt. These fabrics will not be wasted though as there are plenty of other ways of making fabric flowers, sadly not involving flames!
The first lot I did were a bit large, so I scaled the next lot down a little.
Its quite a fussy operation cutting out all those circles, but worth it. For this experiment I used the same fabric on each flower, but now I know how they react, I will mix and match the various colours and fabrics.

1 comment:

  1. These flowers are GORGEOUS!!!! Have you tried selling them? Paper crafters everywhere would love them for cards and layouts! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to make any comments regarding my work, it would be very much appreciated. And many thanks for your visit.
Happy crafting!