Friday, October 15, 2010

Fabric art wallhanging & images (24)

This wallhanging has really satisfied my love for embellishing, textures and fabrics. For all that might look complex, it definitely took me far less time than making a card, it just seemed to come together without effort. I want to head in this direction more often. 
I was inspired by Ruth Rae, her book 'layered, tattered & stitched' plus several other blogs which pointed me in the right direction. Now that I have made my first one, I do not think I will need to refer to them again.


It is not quite complete as I want to add a couple of fabric tabs with a personal messages for my friend. I have hidden a 'Happy Birthday' message, which I hope she will find if she explores it, so she can hang it up without as a piece of Art without a glaring birthday sentiment.


It measures about 24cms wide by 45cms, 9.5" x 18"....ish


Anyway, I don't know what you think of it, any comments or suggestions very much welcomed :o)


I tea dyed the lace and fabrics


Centre embellishment was a necklace. All buttons are vintage.
Brass top bit, half a sawn off key


Navy blue base, is a hardback book cover


2 organza 'pockets ' containing 'things'












No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to make any comments regarding my work, it would be very much appreciated. And many thanks for your visit.
Happy crafting!